iGE3 PhD salary awards – 3rd edition
We are happy to announce the 3rd round of the iGE3 PhD Salary Awards.
- Similar to 2013 and 2014, these stipends are given competitively to graduate students working in the laboratories of iGE3 faculty members, for projects with a strong genetics or genomics component.
- The graduate students have to be in the 2nd or 3rd year of their studies.
- The salary awards will be provided for 2 years, non-renewable. The funding covers a 70% assistant position (A2) according to the current regulations of the University of Geneva.
- One application per laboratory is accepted.
- Students from laboratories with current awardees are not eligible, i.e. lab of Antonarakis, Dermitzakis and Schalch.
- Application deadline was Sunday, September 6, 2015.
- 7 PhD awards could be given in this 3rd round of the doctoral training support.
The final selection has been made by an external (non-UNIGE) advisory board. The decision regarding this selection has been announced on Monday, October 12, 2015.
The winners of this 3rd edition are:
- Madlaina Boillat – Ivan Rodriguez Group, Faculty of Science
- Augustinus Galih – Howard Riezman Group, Faculty of Science
- Margot Riggi – Robbie Loewith Group, Faculty of Science
- Carlos Rivera-Rivera – Montoya-Burgos Group, Faculty of Science
- Felipe Simao Neto – Evgeny Zdobnov Group, Faculty of Medicine
- Asier Ullate Agote – Michel Milinkovitch Group, Faculty of Science
- Ludovica Vanzan – Rabih Murr Group, Faculty of Medicine
The successful applicants have presented their project at the 4th iGE3 Annual Meeting on Tuesday, November 10, 2015 at Campus Biotech in Geneva.
The contracts have started on Tuesday, December 1, 2015. The stipends should be acknowledged in publications as iGE3 PhD Student Awards.